Or team consists of a wide range of strategic partners who all support the NASDC Operations Director and 2nd Chance Group in the successful management of the alliance.+ Read more
The Alliance of Sport in Criminal Justice is a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) registered with the Charity Commission in England and Wales (No.1183521).
We were registered as a CIO in May 2019 to become the ‘go to organisation’ for sport in criminal justice and we build on over a decade of best practice.
Our vision is for a fairer society free from crime, in a more just world.
Our mission is to build a better and safer society through the use of sport in the Criminal Justice System and by actively helping the Sport for Development sector in their mission to reduce violence, crime and reoffending.
Our ultimate beneficiaries are the individuals and their families involved with the Criminal Justice System and who we know will have been affected by trauma and adversity. We also know that many of our ultimate beneficiaries will be from lower socioeconomic groups and present multiple and complex needs
By leveraging our renowned expertise, our approach is designed to intercede as an agent of change, using guidance, skills and resources focused on sport and physical activity, to empower the individuals and organisations entrusted with the care of our ultimate beneficiaries.
Our core values:
- Solidarity: Together we listen, learn and advocate doing “the right thing” by stepping-in as a catalyst of change. Governance and transparency promote confidence.
- Trustworthiness: We must be clear about what we do, follow through on our promises, when we said we would.
- Impact: We stretch the boundaries of learning and innovation, gathering the sector around our values, by building trust to co-ordinate efforts and share best practices.
- Stewardship: Selecting trustworthy partners, guiding, monitoring, measuring and seeking feedback across the stakeholder spectrum is central to our values.
Our competitive advantages include:
- Market Leader: We work with the key stakeholders and we are the only organisation focused on helping others use sport across the criminal justice system and to reduce violence, crime and reoffending.
- Know-How: We have 20+ years of award-winning experience, skills and knowledge working in the criminal justice system and using sport to transform the lives of people with multiple and complex needs.
- Return on Investment: We encompass an influential and global network of likeminded organisations, allowing us to easily innovate, connect and provide cost effective solutions addressing some of society’s biggest problems.
- Risk Management: Our strategic partnerships and know-how mean we can crystalise risk-rewards by identifying and controlling risks for people who wish to engage with the sector and operate within the criminal justice system.
- Stakeholder Satisfaction: At the heart of our charity is our Community of Practice, driving our focus and dedicated to assure the satisfaction of our key stakeholders.
For more information, please download a copy of our Theory of Change. Have a great day!