Our mission is to build a better and safer society through the use of sport in the Criminal Justice System and by actively helping the Sport for Development sector in their mission to reduce violence, crime and reoffending.
We deliver our mission through four key delivery areas:
Impact by Supporting Others – Helping individuals and organisations in reducing violence, crime and reoffending.
- Developing a unique and effective Community of Practice
- Learning and collaboration
- Consultancy and guidance
- Training and accredited courses
Impact through Evidence – Capturing data to prove best practices in reducing violence, crime and reoffending.
- Support collection and consolidation of data
- Develop and deliver research projects directed to sport and criminal justice
- Develop and promote good practice resources and publications
Impact by Communicating – Clear and concise guidance about what does and doesn’t work
- Creating a new Sport in Criminal Justice Conference and Awards
- Annual Symposium
- Managing a multi-media platform to champion best practice
- Media campaigns to increase awareness and support
Impact through Delivery – Building a nationwide portfolio of solutions supporting sport in criminal justice.
- Grow and consolidate a team of strategic leads using sport in the criminal justice system
- Grow and consolidate a portfolio of national programmes
- Work with government to advance policy and practice
The main outcomes we hope to see as a result of our planned activities in the next three years include:
- A more robust evidence base for government policy, practice and investment
- Confident and skilled teams using sport in the criminal justice system
- Increased awareness and support for sport in the criminal justice system
- Assuring strength in governance and financial sustainability