Homeless Rugby builds strong partnerships between rugby clubs & local homeless charities to help create positive sporting opportunities.
A society free from homelessness.
To transform the quality of life and opportunities of homeless people, using rugby as a catalyst to promote greater understanding, collaboration and support and by promoting lasting and life-enhancing relationships through clubs and charities.
Homeless Rugby believes that giving people opportunities to regularly train and play rugby can inspire and empower individuals to realise their full potential, directly improving participants’ health, discipline, communication skills and self-respect.
The organisation believes participation in grassroots rugby can also be a catalyst for people experiencing homelessness to engage more effectively with wider support services related to health, education, training and employment.
This opportunity can help enable some of the most vulnerable people in society transform their life through rugby.
How to support Homeless Rugby
There are many ways that you can help the organisation in the journey towards a world without homelessness, where their contribution to society can be fully felt and valued once more:
1. Campaign for a team in your area – Homeless Rugby can support you in the exciting, rewarding experience of creating a new team in your own area.
2. Make a donation or grant towards their work
3. Sponsor a Homeless Rugby team
4. Become a volunteer
5. Support the organisation’s sustainability – Work with Homeless Rugby’s directors and a select group of partners to develop commercial activities under the Homeless Rugby CIC brand that will go towards sustaining the organisation and local partnerships the organisation supports.
6. Share your facilities – For clubs interested in getting involved, the organisation will work with you to identify opportunities to utilise your club and coach resources to help homeless people in your local community.
Visit homelessrugby.org to find out more.