The role of sport in criminal justice – your views needed!
If you’re involved in sport in the secure estate or the community, we need your views as part of the Ministry of Justice’s review of sport in youth justice.
We are currently gathering examples of best practice by visiting secure establishments in England and Wales and community organisations, as well as conducting a review of relevant academic research in this area.
A third, crucial element to the review will be gathering the experiences and opinions of those involved in sport across the secure estate and community. We’re particularly interested in hearing from:
· Staff and leaders of prisons (adult male and female), Young Offender Institutes, Secure Training Centres and Secure Children’s Homes
· Representatives from sporting organisations and bodies
· Representatives from Criminal Justice third sector / community organisations
· Youth organisations
· Those who have been previously incarcerated
· Family members / supporters of those who are incarcerated or were previously incarcerated
To have your say on the role of sport in rehabilitation and resettlement in justice, help improve the delivery of programmes for offenders, and build a model for effective partnerships with community organisations, just fill in the online consultation at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SportsAlliance
Please note: Individual responses will not be published but we will collate responses to inform the review. We will not use identifying information about you without seeking your permission first. We ask you to indicate your role/area of interest so we can give an overview of where responses have been received from, but you do not have to provide this information.