Project TurnOver – UK Programme Director
Dutch organisation Project TurnOver is seeking to establish itself in the UK and is on the lookout for a UK Programme Director, with an expected start date of March/April 2019.
What is Project TurnOver?
Project TurnOver has for over five years helped vulnerable young people aged 12 years and over, who, due to varying circumstances, do not go to school and/or are distanced from the labour market in the Netherlands. We now want to start Project TurnOver in the U.K. and are looking for a U.K. Programme Director to take a lead role setting up the programme.
The TurnOver programme is built for pupils who have dropped out of school (or run the risk to drop out), or those who have become entangled with the police and/or judicial authorities or have been in contact with social and welfare services. In the Netherlands, over 70% of our participants get a paid job, go (back) to school or take a course. By combining life skills training with playing rugby within a team, the programme leverages the values and heart of the rugby community for its success.
About the role:
Do you have a true passion for rugby as well as helping vulnerable young people getting their life back on track? Then this could be the next opportunity for you! Your role will be to set up Project TurnOver in the U.K. together with the Operations Director. You’ll be the face of TurnOver U.K. and will be directly liaising with local authorities, rugby clubs, educational institutions, youth workers etc. to make Project TurnOver a success.
- Work at the executive level proactively together with partners such as: local authorities, rugby clubs, educational institutes, rehabilitation institutes, youth and family workers
- Maintain a network and expand it with the aim to continuously grow theorganisation
- Raise funding for theprogramme
- Aligns activities with theorganisation’svision, mission, goals and working methods
- Work with Operations Director to creatively renew and expand the range of services
- Builds, leads and coaches a passionate and driven team
- Co-develops and implements policies, and steers on the achievement of the team goals
- Organises, coordinates and effectively manages multiple projects
- Be a sparring partner and advisor for both colleagues and management
- Bachelor or master’s degree in for example: Sports Management or something similar
- Strong commercial awareness – Experience setting up and growingprogrammesis a must
- Entrepreneurial mindset with no 9 to 5 mentality
- Knowledge of and experience with UK government/authorities’ processes
- Experience working with vulnerable young people
- Affinity with sports and rugby – Keen to apply core qualities and mentality of the rugby sport
- Features guts, decisiveness, integrity,humourand a positive pragmatic attitude
- Strong social and communication skills and result driven
- In possession of driver’slicence
- First Aid Certificate would be a plus
- Location: Richmond, London
- Approximately 20 hours per week (flexible and open for discussion)
- Salary: 20K – £30K annually
- Interviews in the week of 25th February
- Expected start date is March/April 2019
- Official checks and screenings may be required
How to apply
If you meet the requirements and recognise yourself in the profile, TurnOver will gladly receive your CV and motivation via an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about Project TurnOver on their website: https://www.turn-over.nl/